Peter J. Sharpe

Peter J. Sharpe
Dad, being the youngest, was reputedly rather spoilt! His sister Rita says the coloured photo proves it "I never had a coloured photo!" she said ...

Sunday 16 January 2022

First Vehicle

This is what my Dad calls his 'first vehicle'. 



It's a Cycle Master motorised cycle. 
This picture was taken behind Salmon Street.

 One day Peter and his friends decided to go to Skegness on their bikes (I don't know if the others had motorised ones or not but I think my Dad ended up pedalling most of the way in the end, anyway!). 

They did make it to Skegness but no sooner had they got there they had to start making their way back. Somehow, I think, Dad got left behind and was eventually stopped by the Police about midnight somewhere around Asfordby - he actually pointed out the spot when we were driving that way last week - the police looked kindly on him and were astounded that he was on his way back to Loughborough!

Anyway, he eventually got back home in the early hours by which time the whole family (and it was a large family with Dad being the youngest) were sat around the kitchen table out of their minds with worry. Needless to say Dad got a good telling off ... he laughs when he tells the story and finishes by saying 'I was worn out!'. I should think!

No comments:

Post a Comment